Accounts & Finance
to £40,000 pa + benefits
Group Finance Manager - Financial Services - Immediate Start
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 pa + benefits
My client is an independently owned, award winning group of companies specialising in the provision of financial advice, tax planning, employee benefits and business consultancy services. Clients include large and small businesses, entrepreneurs, owner managers, senior executives and individuals.
Due to continued expansion the group are seeking to recruit a Group Finance Manager to take full control of the finance department and to manage all day to day activities to include all financial matters, accounts preparation, financial analysis and all related administration matters. The role will report to the Group Chief Finance Officer, and offers the opportunity for career progression as the group implements its expansion strategy.
The successful candidate must be an experienced accountant and be able to demonstrate at least 5 years experience in a similar role, and must have a pro-active and can-do attitude, with hands on experience of working in an SME environment. They will have advanced Excel skills, and knowledge of Sage accounts would be an advantage.
Group Finance Manager - Role Responsibilities
· To be responsible for the day to day running of the accounts department to cover all aspects of the accounting function and associated administrative matters
· To manage a team of 4 staff ensuring that strong leadership is provided
· Manage cash on a day to day basis including the preparation of rolling cash flow forecasts
· Month end accounts preparation to include journal entries, and balance sheet reconciliations
· Preparation of monthly management accounts pack together with related reporting requirements for presentation to the board
· Year end accounts preparation and liaising with auditors
· To oversee the payroll function including monthly salary payments
· Prepare monthly reconciliations between the operational systems and financial accounts
· Preparation of monthly reports to identify detailed management information to improve performance
· Assist the directors with preparation of budgets and forecasts
· Preparation and filing of VAT Returns
· A team player with a positive attitude, and hands on approach to get the job done
· Previous experience in a similar financial role within an SME business
· Sage accounts experience preferred
· Good all-round accounting skills and knowledge
· Be able to work on their own initiative with an accurate, logical and concise approach
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with all levels within the organisation
· Strong organisational and administrative skills with the ability to develop, implement, improve and follow systems and procedures, and an attention to detail
· Advanced Excel skills
If this role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV. We aim to respond to all applications but occasionally, due to overwhelming response, this is not always possible. Should you not hear from us within 10 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful. By submitting your CV you consent to it being retained for use in connection with this and future relevant and/or similar vacancies, you can of course, opt out of this at any time by emailing us. Full Privacy Notice can be found on our website.