competitive + benefits
Investments Operations Manager
Leicester (our ref AL1021)
Salary Competitive and commensurate with the responsibilities of the role
My client is an independent consultancy that provides investment research and portfolio management solutions to financial advice firms across the UK. Supporting firms of all sizes, from single advisers through to large networks, they provide a range of services from bespoke research through to portfolio construction and management.
Overview and Job Purpose
The role of Operations Manager is to develop and manage the internal functions and processes of a growing and nimble Investment Operations Function. The role will be responsible for the processes to operate and control Investment Fund Management, Discretionary Portfolio Management, Investment Research Development and Investment Advice provision.
Initial Responsibilities will be to undertake a review of existing operational protocols and to develop a business plan to transition to a target operating model that delivers scalable and efficient investment operations, a suitable control infrastructure to manage operational and regulatory risk and an operational strategic advantage in the markets that they are operating.
Your ongoing remit will involve:
· Operational responsibilities within Processes, Fund Management, Discretionary Portfolio Management and Investments Research Provision
· Process Quality Management, building a robust repository of processes detailing controls and their effectiveness
· Compliance and Governance, to design and build operational risk testing protocols and build and maintain an MI suite that encapsulates the Companys compliance, risk and governance
Knowledge and Experience
· Highly curious with a passion for operations management, the UK regulatory framework and working with teams to develop and deliver operational and commercial excellence.
· Extensive experience of the operational management and delivery of investment services within a regulated environment.
· Strong understanding of current regulatory and legal frameworks and be able to comply to these and internal policies and procedures.
· A strong academic background, with vocational training that provides skills and knowledge to deliver the capability to manage and run an investment operations function. Quantitative knowledge of operations measurement and control.
· Experience of managing people and stakeholders.
Skills and Abilities
· An effective communicator able to collaborate with and influence internal and external stakeholders at different levels.
· Proven ability to drive operational change to deliver customer-centric excellence.
· Highly numerate with excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skill set, able to analyse and interpret data and to prepare and present accurate reports with clearly articulated recommendations.
· Ability to rapidly assimilate and understand how third-party systems operate and model how data inputs and outputs effect operational quality.
· Ability to work at pace with both detail and accuracy.
If this role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV. We aim to respond to all applications within 10 days. By submitting your CV you consent to it being retained for use in connection with this and future relevant and/or similar vacancies, you can of course, opt out of this at any time by emailing us. Full Privacy Notice can be found on our website.