Business Development Manager
West Midlands base, UK coverage (Our Ref AL1108)
Salary very competitive + incentive and benefits
My client, a leading supplier of specialist pension administration technology, is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their UK Sales Team with responsibility for developing new business and driving sustainable and profitable revenue growth through securing sales and forging strong relationships with new clients. This is a diverse role offering the opportunity to work with / across pre-sales and professional services with a strong focus on generating new business.
You will need a clear vision of how technology can be used to deliver transformational change in financial services and will have a proven and demonstrable track record in all stages of sales from prospect initiation through to deal closing and forging long-term sustainable relationships and enjoy working collaboratively.
- Improve the Companys’ market presence within the industry
- Meet with prospective customers to determine their business needs and develop and maintain long-term relationships with these potential customers
- Create and deliver presentations to prospects’ executives and project sponsors
- Work with pre-sales resources and SMEs to respond to a prospect’s technical questions or issues during the sales cycle
- Complete the entire sales cycle from identification to closure
- Understand and keep up to date with competitive products and technology
- Plan, prepare and deliver presentations
- Prepare pricing proposals and sales contracts
- Negotiate new contracts in line with the parameters agreed
- Maintain the sales CRM system
- Provide stakeholders with regular information on the progress of sales
Qualifications And Experience:
- Proven sales experience and new business success in enterprise solutions sales
- The ideal candidate will understand the drivers of business success in financial services in the UK and will have a broad grasp of the fundamental determinants of the challenges, opportunities and constraints in the Pension and Lifetime Savings Life sector
- Demonstrable track record of sales achievement
- Demonstrable track record of selling at senior levels in the FSI sector
- Demonstrable track record of handling complex, high-value software and services deals
- Demonstrable track record of consultative sales approach
If this role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV. We aim to respond to all applications within 10 days. By submitting your CV you consent to it being retained for use in connection with this and future relevant and/or similar vacancies, you can of course, opt out of this at any time by emailing us. Full Privacy Notice can be found on our website.