Leicester (Our Ref AL1094)
Salary c£40,000 pa + benefits
My client is an independent consultancy that provides investment research and portfolio management solutions to financial advice firms across the UK. Supporting firms of all sizes, from single advisers through to large networks, they provide a range of services from bespoke research through to portfolio construction and management. They now have a rare opportunity for a Fund Analyst to join their existing team carrying out Fund Analysis and Research based in Leicester.
You will be responsible for screening and initiating coverage of new funds, and monitoring existing funds used in a number of investment propositions.
- Continuous monitoring of all funds held within discretionary portfolios, models and preferred investment universe (PIU) (includes ESG, Active/Passive, Equity & Fixed interest complexes and Alternatives)
- Review the company Research Advisory fund matrix.
- Recommend new funds based on either proactive research or Portfolio Manager demand statement, define screens, undertake qualitative and quantitative analysis. Compile note, grade, and pitch to the Investment Management team
- Review performance of funds and matrix vs. demand statement parameters and market peers.
- Proactive surveillance of matrix and market to ensure that the company provides best of breed building blocks for portfolio construction.
- Constant review of due diligence process to ensure that understanding of the risks and opportunities relating to the management company and its operations, investment process, philosophy and sustainability credentials.
- Support the team to develop capability in new sectors such as alternative trading strategies.
- Prepare Fund matrix reports for oversight and Company Investment Committee
- Undertake ad-hoc work requested by clients
- Identify and leverage systems and technological capability of existing and new systems that enable the Company to deliver the highest quality investment and service capabilities to clients and internal stakeholders.
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Detailed knowledge of collective products, product screening and investment due diligence.
- Highly curious with a passion for financial markets and investment. You will be up to date with current market drivers and have a broad understanding and strong interest in macroeconomics and be aware of trends and developing patterns,
- Strong understanding of current regulatory and legal frameworks and be able to comply to these and internal policies and procedures.
- Highly numerate with excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skill set, including Advanced Excel skills and familiarity with quantitative modelling software.
If this role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV. We aim to respond to all applications within 10 days. By submitting your CV you consent to it being retained for use in connection with this and future relevant and/or similar vacancies, you can of course, opt out of this at any time by emailing us. Full Privacy Notice can be found on our website.