North Leicestershire (excellent commute from Leicester, Loughborough, Nottingham or Melton Mowbray)
Hybrid working for part of the week is available
Salary £40,000 – £47,000 dep on exp + excellent benefits package
Our Job Ref AL1254
My client is an award-winning IFA and one of only a few financial planning firms in the country to be awarded both Chartered and Accredited status. They are one of the UK’s leading firms that is wholly committed to providing their clients with the best possible advice, service and support. They now have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to provide support to the Managing Director and Board in delivering their vision, by being responsible for the day-to-day operational oversight of a growing financial planning business.
This new role would particularly suit someone with previous management experience in an IFA/financial practice or compliance environment, and has the confidence, skillset and interest in getting involved with all aspects of a business that has an explicit focus on putting client outcomes first.
Direct reports: Paraplanning (team of three), Client Care & Administration (team of four)
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Act as an integrator between the board and the rest of the team to ensure successful business management.
• Document, agree and coordinate the implementation of the Business Plan.
• Assist the Managing Director to ensure the company’s core values are fully embedded in all business activities.
• Manage and oversee relationships with third-party suppliers (e.g. compliance consultants, accountants, software providers, marketing consultants) to secure optimal service agreements and deals.
Operations & Project Management
• Establish, monitor, and manage business operations to meet company goals.
• Identify operational problems and resolve them in a quick and timely manner.
• Create and evolve internal service standards, and effective business processes and procedures.
• Review and monitor business policies, processes, procedures, and internal service standards on an ongoing basis in relation to client satisfaction, profitability, and efficiency.
• Oversee the delivery of all general office and business administration, ensuring all legislative and business requirements are met.
• Co-ordinate projects to ensure they are delivered in the most efficient manner.
• Monitor and drive project activity to ensure successful completion.
• Ensure HR-related matters are managed in line with legal and regulatory standards.
• Create and review organisational structure, roles and responsibilities on an ongoing basis.
• Manage the team and their workload to achieve set business goals.
• Oversee employment of new staff and terminations/resignations of existing staff.
• Develop and regularly review firm’s appraisal process to align performance objectives with the delivery of the business plan, vision, and individual aspirations.
• Establish performance objectives, undertake regular reviews to ensure individual and business goals are met and create training and development plans for the team and review regularly.
• Oversee remuneration packages to ensure fairness and competitiveness.
• Ensure that all business activities are in line with the FCA and ICO requirements and assist Senior Managers in keeping the firm compliant.
• Manage various compliance registers to ensure that these are accurate and up-to-date.
• Ensure that any actions from compliance visits and audits are completed in a timely manner.
• Attend compliance meetings and prepare relevant documentation.
• Ensure a robust control process is in place and managed, under guidance from our compliance officer and third-party compliance consultants.
• Oversee general accounting functions, working with our internal office co-ordinator and third-parties where appropriate e.g. payroll, bookkeeping and invoicing.
• Collate financial statements and forecasts for the business from software including Intelliflo Office and Xero, including cashflow forecasts, annual budget, and relevant MI information.
• Monitor budget and income levels on an ongoing basis to ensure that the agreed net profit margin levels are met.
• Work with our company accountants to coordinate preparation of the annual accounts.
• Ensure timely and accurate submissions of Companies House and HMRC.
• Ensure that technology is used to drive efficiency and create time savings.
• Ensure the firm remains compliant with all regulatory and legal frameworks and that data is accurate, safe, well managed and organised.
• Ensure data security, IT, and disaster recovery policies are in place and working.
• Oversee marketing plans, objectives and programmes within the context of the overall Business Plan.
• Oversee the creation of marketing materials and content, working with our third-party marketing agency, to ensure that these reflect company needs and values.
• Coordinate organisation of marketing events.
• Excellent knowledge of the Financial Services / Wealth Management industry, along with its relevant legal and compliance requirements
• Highly competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and electronica diary system. Knowledge of industry systems such as Intelliflo and Xero would be an advantage
• Knowledge and understanding of broad principals of Human Resources Management
• Highly organised, methodical, analytical and well disciplined
• Excellent communicator both verbal and written
• Innovative and creative
• Excellent Team Management ability
• Certificate in Financial Planning or equivalent desirable
• Hybrid working offered to all team-members.
• On site car parking with charging for electric vehicles.
• A leading package of additional employee benefits ranging from private medical insurance to free annual medical to an extra day’s holiday on your birthday.
If this role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV. We aim to respond to all applications within 10 days. By submitting your CV you consent to it being retained for use in connection with this and future relevant and/or similar vacancies, you can of course, opt out of this at any time by emailing us. Full Privacy Notice can be found on our website.