Salary £30,000 – £35,000 + excellent benefits inc parking
My client is a well established Independent Financial Adviser firm, and they now have an outstanding opportunity for a personable, bright, and articulate individual to join them as a PA/Paraplanner to the Managing Director.
Reporting directly to the MD, your main duties will be to provide full Paraplanning/Administrative support, including preparing documents and submitting business, ensuring all paperwork and processes are fully compliant. You will be the primary point of contact for the MDs clients and will need a concise and confident telephone manner, with an ability to respond to emails and letters in a timely manner.
We are looking for someone who is excited about this rare opportunity. To apply for this position, you must have at least 3 years experience of working in a similar role and have a good technical understanding of Investment, Retirement, and Pension products and their use in financial planning. You will hold a minimum of the level 4 Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning (DipPFS) and a genuine ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues and clients.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Providing full Paraplanning/Administrative support, solely to the Managing Director, including the preparation of suitability reports and supporting documentation, submitting new business and other transaction requests to providers.
- Regular engagement with clients via telephone, email, and letter.
- Management of your own workflows and tasks. Working on own initiative to achieve agreed outcomes and consistently meeting agreed service levels without supervision.
- You will need to be proficient in understanding and identifying possible client outcomes/solutions, derived from detailed information recorded in Know Your Client (KYC) documents; this will usually be compiled by the MD, but you may on occasion be required to assist with the information gathering.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, able to adhere to quality compliance standards and deliver the highest level of client service.
Skills and experience required
- Recent experience of producing bespoke technical suitability reports.
- An exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel and Outlook with the ability to quickly familiarise yourself with various systems, including our in-house back-office platform (Iress Adviser Office).
- Be able to support senior staff to provide their advisers with robust advice solutions, drawing on your technical knowledge and carrying out appropriate research to justify and evidence the advice given.
- Manage complex cases, from inception to completion and find solutions to technical problems.
- Manage client queries and provide suitable remedies.
- Take a client focussed approach to all work, recognising the importance of client relationships and the need for excellence.
- First class time management skills with the ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- You will be driven and focused with the ability to complete large volumes of tasks under pressure and on time.
If this role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV. We aim to respond to all applications within 10 days. By submitting your CV you consent to it being retained for use in connection with this and future relevant and/or similar vacancies, you can of course, opt out of this at any time by emailing us. Full Privacy Notice can be found on our website.