Product Development Specialist
Nottingham (our Ref AL1088)
Salary £50,000+ benefits
My client is a well regarded Fund and Investment Management Company and they have an exciting new opportunity to join their team in the role of Product Development Specialist.
- Analyse new product and change ideas (market demand, product complexity, distribution planning, regulatory eligibility, with alignment to company risk appetite and strategic goals) to determine viability, through initial suitability analysis.
- To work with the Head of ACD Services to manage the development and initial due diligence process of new business propositions, with the aim to create a formal business case reporting to FGC, including assessment of the following to ensure alignment to regulations, the company risk appetite and strategy: initial suitability and risk analysis; sales, distribution and product demand; product charging and rationale; fund benchmarks, objectives and sector.
- Identify and produce the quantitative analyses necessary to ensure new products are rigorously monitored to ensure optimal benchmark and product structures.
- Support Fund Managers through the monitoring of marketing and promotional materials.
- Monitor industry market trends and developments to identify new areas of opportunity and work with the Head of ACD Services to ensure the firm is best placed to launch new products.
- Work closely with a wide range of business areas, and external parties, including ACD Services, Legal/consultants, Risk & Compliance, Operations, Fund Managers and Regulators. To ensure that the product development process is efficient, in line with company strategy and keeps investor interests as the focus of any product.
- To work with the Head of ACD Services to support the Executive Team in the development and review of strategic plans.
- Responsible for the periodic review of all fund related legal documentation.
- Keeping up to date on regulatory developments and interpreting their impact on new and existing products. Supporting the co-ordination and delivery of product change brought about by external factors such as AIFMD, UCITS V, FATCA, MiFID II, ESG etc.
- Responsible for the ongoing monitoring of funds, portfolio management, benchmark, objectives and fund sectors.
- Assess company infrastructure to ensure operational and compliance resource is sufficient to service new products, in particular liaising with the Chief Operations Officer and the Chief Risk & Governance Officer.
- Experience in fund product development and the investment management industry
- Have prior experience working with a variety of fund products, in either a product development, investment management, due diligence oversight or product specialist capacity
- Knowledge of the UCITS regulatory framework
- Strong quantitative / Excel skills and confidence in working with and understanding data, performing quantitative analyses and interpreting results intuitively
- Knowledge of ESG/sustainable fund concepts, associated data and monitoring
- Evidence of progress towards (or interest in pursuing) additional qualifications in investment management
If this role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV. We aim to respond to all applications within 10 days. By submitting your CV you consent to it being retained for use in connection with this and future relevant and/or similar vacancies, you can of course, opt out of this at any time by emailing us. Full Privacy Notice can be found on our website.