Senior IFA Administrator
Leamington Spa (our ref AL1262) – office based
Salary to c £35,000 (full time rate) dep on exp + benefits
Full or part time considered
My client is a boutique firm of chartered financial planners and they deliver high end, specialist advice on wealth and tax strategies, investment planning and corporate pensions to affluent clients across the UK. They now have a fabulous new opportunity for an already experienced IFA administrator to join their small administrative team providing support to the Directors and Advisers.
- To process new business, sending to the product provider/investment house within the agreed timescales, entering onto the back-office system (CURO).
- To track new business through active management of the pipeline through to completion, sending out policy documents/contract notes in a timely manner and meeting compliance standards.
- To handle inbound client/provider calls/written correspondence dealing with general enquiries.
- Arrange quotes and check accuracy obtaining appropriate literature to accompany the prepared client report and/or letters to the client, within agreed timescales.
- Maintain a diary system to manage scheduled events and ongoing work to ensure a quality and timely service to the client and the Director.
- Maintain electronic files within company standards ensuring all compliance documentation secured for future reference.
- Process post-advice administration (including valuations) on behalf of the Director and client.
- Assist with general office duties e.g., answering phones etc.
- Assist with any ad hoc projects to improve operational standards.
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will develop their role so that they begin to take on higher level tasks and provide increasingly proactive support to the clients and Directors.
Key skills and attributes
The role will be varied and requires a bright and adaptable individual who is highly organised, self-motivated and sociable. The ideal candidate must possess excellent PC skills and be able to deliver high quality work in a timely manner.
- Track record of providing high quality administrative support in the financial planning industry.
- Financial services knowledge and experience.
- Able to deal with the issues relating to the administration of pre- and post-retirement planning, Investments and taxation is key to this role.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to stay focused under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Desire to collaborate as a team player.
- Strong PC skills with good knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Qualifications that demonstrate a keen interest in this area.
- Knowledge of research tools & software.
- Desire to maintain knowledge of industry developments.
- Able to identify process improvements.
- Salary up to c£35k depending on skills and experience
- Employer pension contribution of 10% – requires employee contribution of 5%
- 23 days holiday in addition to public holidays and we close between Christmas and New Year.
- Ability to purchase additional days holiday.
- Part time considered
If this role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV. We aim to respond to all applications within 10 days. By submitting your CV you consent to it being retained for use in connection with this and future relevant and/or similar vacancies, you can of course, opt out of this at any time by emailing us. Full Privacy Notice can be found on our website.