to £35,000 + benefits
Technical Specialist - Pensions
Leicester (our Ref AL974)
Salary to £35,000 per annum + excellent benefits
My client is an award winning organisation whose core areas include: bespoke pension solutions, wrap platform, independent financial advisory, investment consultancy, research and due diligence, and more.
What you will do
In your role as a Technical Specialist, you will be responsible for working closely with the operational functions as a member of the Service Recovery Team to ensure the company complies with the FCA complaints handling rules and the legal requirements governing the provision of pension scheme administration services, whilst meeting its obligations as a pension scheme trustee and administrator.
This role is responsible for ensuring the company operates exceptional process and controls and manages strong counterparty relationships (internal and external).
· Ownership of service recovery case management through skills and activities such as scheme deconstruction, file reconstruction, data mining and investigation, forensic assessment, document analysis in order to prepare overviews, reports and recommendations. Personal ownership, control and management of situations, cases and thematic matters
· Provide written responses that are clear, articulate and straight-forward; with accurate overviews of the complaint(s) and reasoning behind the response
· Ensure all processes are followed, using standard frameworks and templates, subject to risk and compliance oversight
· Calculation/evaluation of loss: decide and apply correct interest calculation, assess maximum potential commercial liability for the firm
· Measure and refine redress process and calculations. Research and benchmark against ongoing POS / FOS decisions to ensure firm policy and approach aligned with the regulators
· Recognition of any litigation issues, case analytics, research, document preparation, PI preparation, witness statement preparation, internal reports, relationship and contract management, internal cohesion and team working with other departments specifically with Risk and Compliance
· Assess whether conduct risk is embedded and the firm is consistently delivering fair outcomes to consumers. Precedent case handling, including identification and assessment of case themes, recommendations for improvement
· Proactively managing relationships and expectations with our clients, both Financial Advisers and members
· Updating knowledge and understanding of HMRC and relevant legislation, regulations and guidance.
· Broker solutions and demonstrate soft service recovery skills to retain customers
· Create and capture MI, data analysis (trends/themes/risks), process intervention and improvement.
· Develop recommendations underpinned by robust data analytics and MI for continuous improvement of the firm's risk management
· Build effective relationships with internal and external clients
· Carry out remedial project work on cases requiring technical expertise
· Gain, maintain and demonstrate knowledge of our various Trust Deed and Rules.
Who you are and the experience we are looking for
· Exceptionally proactive, with the ability to innovate and challenge in support of the business model we are operating
· Understanding of HMRC requirements, rules, manuals and guidelines relating to SIPP/SSAS, ISAs and / or GIAs
· Understanding of trust-based pension schemes and trustee duties
· A good understanding of compliance requirements for SIPP/SSAS, ISAs and/or GIAs and /or Platform Servicing
· Good understanding of DPA and DSAR legislation
· An understanding of legal documentation relating to SIPP / SSAS, ISAs and/or GIAs and / or Platform Servicing
· Exceptional judgment and communication skills
· Solid risk and controls awareness
· Clear and proven oral and written communications skills
· Professional qualifications including CII CF1, CF2, CF4 and FA2 or equivalent or an interest to study towards
· At least five years comparable experience in a regulated financial services company/complex regulated environment, ideally in SIPP and SSAS administration or ISAs or GIAs or Platform Servicing
· Experience must be in at least one of the following for a minimum of 2 years: service recovery/complaints handling/trustee technical support/complex case management (problem solving)/specialist technical support/SME - such as investments, drawdown, SSAS, ISAs, GIAs and Platform Servicing.
If this role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV. We aim to respond to all applications but occasionally, due to overwhelming response, this is not always possible. Should you not hear from us within 10 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful. By submitting your CV you consent to it being retained for use in connection with this and future relevant and/or similar vacancies, you can of course, opt out of this at any time by emailing us. Full Privacy Notice can be found on our website.