Technical Specialist Pensions Senior Review Team
Leicester (our Ref AL988)
Salary to £28,000 per annum
My client is an award winning organisation whose core areas include: bespoke pension solutions, wrap platform, independent financial advisory, investment consultancy, research and due diligence, and more.
What you will do
In this role you will work closely with the operational functions, specifically the Service Recovery and Senior Review functions, to ensure the company complies with HMRC and other requirements in the course of providing pension scheme administration services and meeting its duty of care obligations as a trustee. This role is responsible for ensuring the company operates exceptional process and controls, manages strong counterparty relationships (internal and external) and has responsibility for account managing death benefits and Pensions Sharing Orders through to payment/completion.
· Building effective relationships with internal and external clients.
· Knowledge, interpretation and understanding of HMRC and relevant legislation, regulations and guidance
· Maintaining understanding of governing legislation within the team and wider business
· Working with the operational management team to identify and delivery training where required
· Account management of death benefit and divorce cases
· Maintaining records for death and divorce cases and owning reporting from the database
· Focus on Trustee roles and responsibilities
· Understanding of AML regulations
· Remedial project work and forensic reviews
· Maintaining and demonstrating knowledge of Trust Deed and Rules
· Driving continuous process improvement in operations processing to ensure quality of delivery and risk controls are maintained within the most efficient processes available.
Who you are and the experience we are looking for
· At least 3 years' comparable experience in a complex regulated environment, ideally in SIPP and SSAS administration
· Graduate calibre
· Exceptionally proactive, with the ability to innovate and challenge in support of the business model we are operating
· Full understanding of HMRC requirements
· Knowledge of Pensions Tax Manual
· Exceptional judgment and communication skills
· Solid risk and controls awareness
· Clear communications skills
· Professional qualifications including CF1, CF2, CF4 and FA2 desirable but not essential.
If this role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV. We aim to respond to all applicants within 10 days. By submitting your CV you consent to it being retained for use in connection with this and future relevant and/or similar vacancies, you can of course, opt out of this at any time by emailing us. Full Privacy Notice can be found on our website.